Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Scrap Card

I'm always saving small paper scraps with the hopes that someday they will be put to use in a card or scrapbook page or some other project. Today, I decided to dive into my scrap pile to make a "scrap card". I have a certain way I like to store my paper scraps. I have a container for small pieces, one for larger pieces, and one for strips. I took my bag small pieces and paper strips and got to work.

First I took out some papers I thought coordinated.

Then I cut them to thin strips.

Then I glued them onto a scrap paper base (I use junk mail as a base typically because it is nice and thin).

Now that I essentially have a new patterned paper, I am free to do whatever I please with it.

For this particular project, I decided to cut out some tulip shapes and make a card.
You can't see it in this picture, but I added some glitter and clear embossing to the tulips to make them sparkle. For the stalks I just drew right on the cardstock with a black thin-tipped marker. I then stamped a sentiment in the corner. Feel free to leave questions or comments below!

Supplies:
Cardstock base: The Paper Company - ivory
Stamps: TPC Studio - Greetings
Ink: StazOn - jet black
Other: Millenium black pen

Until next time,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment