Monday, August 8, 2011

Distress Inks, yum!

First off I just want to say, "Wow!". I've been hearing about Ranger distress inks forever and I finally decided to give them a try (only took me 2 years ;). They are awesome! I just did a simple direct to paper technique for this card, but the colors are so vibrant and so easy to blend. Just stunning. I'm sold.
I cut some hearts out of paper that came from an old dictionary and did a direct to paper technique to apply the ink to each heart. I glued the hearts to the paper and added some bling. So simple, right?! If you want to learn more about Ranger Distress Inks, there are a ton of youtube videos in the "Thinking Inking" series. Jennifer McGuire did these videos quite awhile ago, but I still use them for inspiration. You can also check out this blog where she shows you more ways to use distress inks. What a talented person she is!

Supplies
Cardstock base: The Paper Company - white (standard size card 4-1/4" x 5-1/2")
Paper: dictionary paper
Inks: Ranger Distress Inks in Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, and Crushed Olive
Misc: Rhinestones, corner rounder

Thanks for visiting and feel free to leave questions or comments below!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment