Sunday, August 7, 2011

I love crafting...(happy sigh)

Hello again!
Today I have a card that was inspired while I was cutting up and old t-shirt for rags. I decided to cut the seams and the collar off the shirt so the rags would have a uniform texture (without any hard seams). I looked down at the cut seams and thought, "hmm, I can use those!" I knew immediately what I wanted to do.
I took a piece of scratch paper (about 2-3/4" square) and started to adhere my seams to it; butting them up right next to one another. I glued the scratch paper and seams on the card base. Then I cut a heart out of a piece of kraft cardstock (3" square) and popped it up on 2 layers of dimensionals. Those seams are thick, y'all!. Then went around the heart and added a sentiment with my white gel pen. This technique also looks great with strips of ribbon or paper! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below!

Supplies:
Cardstock base: The Paper Company - white (4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card size)
Paper: Scratch paper (2-3/4 x 2-3/4), Kraft cardstock (3" x 3")
Misc: White Pentel Sunburst Med Gel pen, Ribbons/paper/T-shirt seam strips

Thanks for stopping by!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment