Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm Back!

After being MIA for months, I'm back to share a few of my most recent creations.

One of the biggest reasons I started making my own cards is because I have the chance to use common items to makes something meaningful. In this card, the paper that the butterfly is stamped on comes from a puzzle book that is probably 15 years old. I found it in storage recently and immediately wanted to find a way to use it. Not only is it personally nostalgic for me, but it is also beautiful on a card as the pages are yellowed and antiqued. I think it really brings a lot of character to the card.

In this blogging...um...adventure lets's say, I hope to remind people that inspiration for cards doesn't have to come from the craft store. Look around and see what inspires you!

"Ingredients"
Butterfly stamp: Inkadinkado: Patterned Bugs
Ink: Stampablities brown pigment ink,
Generic embossing ink (I don't recommend this by the way)
Embossing Power: American Crafts clear
Miniature brad: Spare Parts
Cardstock: The Paper Company
Ribbon: some random 1" pink satin ribbon I found lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment